Monday, August 31, 2009

Paria Canyon

Living in Colorado these past couple of years I've been blessed with many opportunities to do some amazing things.  Last March I went on a backpacking trip with a friend and my fiancé to Paria Canyon, in between Utah and Arizona.  It was challenging, but beautiful.  The trip was about 38 miles, but you were literally wading in a river for almost all of the hike.  It took us 3 nights and 4 days and right in the middle of our trip Utah had a crazy wind storm... we definitely felt the wind tunneling through the canyon, picking up the sand to whip our legs.

Here are some of the pictures I took while we were hiking.

Buckskin Gluch, a narrow slot canyon:

Day two in Paria

The sandstone walls of Paria... you can see my fiancé and our friend ahead of me (I was always lagging behind because I was trying to take so many pictures!)


Buckskin Gluch

I think this was also Buckskin Gluch or Paria day one...

Paria day three, the morning after we slept in a cave because of the wind storm.  


A welcome site after 35 miles... signs of civilization


I love this truck, this was at the end of the hike at an abandoned ranch.

All photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment